A Safe Experience For You
Upon entering a Ripley Attraction, you will immediately notice changes—from the precisely placed social distancing markers in line to reduced contact. Our staff has also been extensively educated to provide you with a safe experience.
Each Ripley Attraction is unique, but maintains the following requirements:
• Reduced capacity to help control crowds
• Limited contact with guests, from protective barriers to encouraging cashless payments
• Personal Protective Equipment worn by all employees and daily team member temperature checks
• CDC guidelines for social distancing
• Consistent sanitization schedule for all kiosks, interactives, restrooms, and surfaces
• Sanitization stations throughout the Attraction
• Gloves required at Ripley’s Mirror Mazes and Moving Theaters
Information on Masks
Are masks required inside the Attraction?
- Yes. For the health and safety of our guests and team members, Sevier County has mandated that face coverings must be worn during your visit.
Do children need to wear a mask?
- Children under 12 are not required to wear a mask.
What if I am unable to wear a mask for medical reasons?
- We recommend that visitors with underlying medical conditions reschedule their visit to a later date.
What about eating or drinking?
- Masks are required when enjoying our facility, however, they may be temporarily removed while eating or drinking.
What if I forget my mask?
- Disposable masks are available at Guest Services for $1.
We are Doing our Part. Please do Yours.
- If you or any member of your party is not feeling well, please plan to come at another time.
- Please wear a mask or face covering throughout the Aquarium. This is for your own protection and the protection of others. Employees are also required to wear face mask.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds throughout your visit. Wash them after coughing or sneezing, before eating, after toilet use, and when hands are visibly dirty. At some Attractions, you may be asked to apply hand sanitizer before, during, and/or after your experience.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines carefully, maintaining 6 feet (2 meters) of space from others. Households can remain together. This will apply throughout the Attraction including in queue lines, at exhibits, in food and beverage facilities, in show venues and theaters, and in restrooms.
- To facilitate physical distancing guidelines, Attractions may reduce capacity or close some areas. Please be patient and understanding with these necessary operational changes.
- If you feel ill once you are at the Attraction, please let an employee know. You and your party may be asked to move to a special area within a facility for further assessment.
- We have enhanced our already-stringent protocols, considering COVID-19. We apologize if you experience any inconveniences as a result of these procedures.
We have taken these enhanced health and safety measures for you, our guests, and team members. We ask that you please follow all posted instructions while visiting Ripley’s Attractions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Ripley’s Attractions you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.