A Marine Teen is someone between the ages of 15-18 years. Marine Teens volunteer with Aquarium Day Camps (2 weeks in the summer, plus additional days at March Break), assist at “special event” days at the Aquarium, and help plan future Aquarium events and programs for youth. The time spent at the Aquarium will count towards your Community Service hours.
- Must be at least 15 years of age as of July 1, 2019, not older than 18 years
- Enrolled in an Ontario Secondary School in September 2019
- Interested in working with children
- Passionate about the environment and conservation
- May fulfill community service hours
- Assisting Aquarium Day Camp Counsellors by preparing materials and facilitating camp activities
- Attend 3-4 sessions at the Aquarium focused on career exploration
- Assist with and participate in special community events (ex. Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup, Earth Day)
- Participants increase their knowledge and appreciation of marine life
- A chance to explore potential careers in biology
- Fulfill community service hours
- Meet new friends and make connections
- Have fun in a unique learning setting
How to Apply
Fill out the below form and return it by email no later than Wednesday May 29th, 2019 at 6pm. Forms received after this date will not be accepted. A mandatory orientation and information session on Wednesday June 12th 2019 from 6-8pm is also required. Only those who attend the orientation will be considered for a position. Additionally, a mandatory training session will take place on Thursday June 27th, from 1-4pm.
Please make sure you include the following items in your Marine Teen application. Applications with missing documents will not be considered.
When the forms are completed send to email@example.com
- Applicant form (return it by email no later than Wednesday May 29th, 2019 at 6pm.)
- Summer availability
- 2 references
- Attending orientation (June 12)
- Attending training (June 27)