A Marine Teen is someone between the ages of 15-18 years. Marine Teens volunteer with Aquarium Day Camps (2 weeks in the summer, plus additional days at March Break), assist at “special event” days at the Aquarium, and help plan future Aquarium events and programs for youth. The time spent at the Aquarium will count towards your Community Service hours.
- Must be at least 15 years of age as of July 1, 2017, not older than 18 years
- Enrolled in an Ontario Secondary School in September 2017
- Interested in working with children
- Passionate about the environment and conservation
- Assisting Aquarium Day Camp Counsellors by preparing materials and facilitating camp activities
- Attend 3-4 sessions at the Aquarium focused on career exploration
- Assist with and participate in special community events (ex. Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup, Earth Day)
- Participants increase their knowledge and appreciation of marine life
- A chance to explore potential careers in biology
- Fulfill community service hours
- Meet new friends and make connections
- Have fun in a unique learning setting
If you are responsible, enthusiastic, passionate about marine life, and enjoy working with children, then you should apply to be a Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada Marine Teen!
How to Apply
Fill out the Marine Teens Application below no later than June 1st, 2017. Forms received after this date will not be accepted. A mandatory orientation and information session on Wednesday June 14th, 2017 from 6-8 pm is also required. Only those who attend the orientation will be considered for a position. Additionally, a mandatory training session will take place on Thursday June 29th from 1-4pm.
Marine Teens must be at least 15 years of age as of July 1st, 2017, not older than 18 years AND must be enrolled in an Ontario Secondary School in September 2017. Marine Teens will have minimal direct contact with animals, and are not permitted to dive in Aquarium tanks. Additionally, a mandatory training session will take place on Thursday June 29th, from 1-4pm.
Please make sure you include the following items in your Marine Teen application. Applications with missing documents will not be considered.
- Application form
- Summer availability
- 2 references
- Attending orientation (June 14)
- Attending training (June 29)