A Marine Teen is someone between the ages of 15-18 years. Marine Teens volunteer with Aquarium Day Camps (2 weeks in the summer, plus additional days at March Break), assist at “special event” days at the Aquarium, and help plan future Aquarium events and programs for youth. The time spent at the Aquarium will count towards your Community Service hours.
- Must be at least 15 years of age and not older than 18 years
- Enrolled in an Ontario Secondary School
- Interested in working with children
- Passionate about the environment and conservation
- May fulfill community service hours
- Assisting Aquarium Day Camp Counsellors by preparing materials and facilitating camp activities
- Attend 3-4 sessions at the Aquarium focused on career exploration
- Assist with and participate in special community events (ex. Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup, Earth Day)
- Participants increase their knowledge and appreciation of marine life
- A chance to explore potential careers in biology
- Fulfill community service hours
- Meet new friends and make connections
- Have fun in a unique learning setting
The Marine Teen program has been suspended for 2020 due to Covid-19. It will relaunch in 2021!