What were you doing before joining Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada?
• Working for Ontario EcoSchools
• Teaching English in South Korea
• Teachers College at Vancouver Island University
• Camp Counsellor for Nanaimo Science and Sustainability Society
• Marine Science Instructor at Seacamp in Florida Keys
• Instructor at Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre on Vancouver Island
• TA at University of Ottawa
• Biology Degree at University of Ottawa
• Semester of marine science at Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre
• Many field courses including Algonquin Park, northern Manitoba, Costa Rica, and 2 marine biology courses in New Brunswick
Favourite aquatic animal in the aquarium?
Octopus and sea stars!
Best part about working at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada?
Getting to do a variety of different things every day and spend time with people who are excited to be at the aquarium.
What made you decide you wanted to pursue a career in Education/Marine biology?
I’ve always loved the ocean and was inspired as a child by my aunt who is a marine biologist and teacher.