FAMILY HOMESCHOOL DAYS
Exclusive to homeschool families—connect with over 20,000 aquatic animals! Please find our homeschool offerings and dates below.
DATES AND PROGRAMS
Great Plankton Challenge
Learn about the amazing diversity of plankton in the ocean and the essential role it plays. Find out about the unique challenges these tiny plants and animals face to maintain their position in the water, and then try your hand at designing your own perfect plankton!
Best for Grade 6 Biodiversity, Grade 7 Interactions of Environment, Grade 8 Cells
Explore the effects of environmental disasters on marine ecosystems through a simulated oil spill. Evaluate the efficiency of different cleanup methods; predict the effects of an oil spill on a marine environment; and identify the resulting issues for society. Find the best possible solution for the pollution.
Best for Grade 5: Conservation of Energy & Resources; Best for Grade 7: Interactions in the Environment
Explore the effect of the warming Earth on our oceans. Focus on the phenomena of ocean acidification and its impact on shelled marine creatures through a variety of demonstrations and participation in a squid dissection.
- Wednesday October 21 – Pollution Solution
- Wednesday November 4 – Plankton Challenge
- Wednesday November 18 – Squid Dissection
- Wednesday December 2 – Pollution Solution
- Wednesday December 9 – Squid Dissection
SAMPLE ITINERARY A
10:00 a.m. – Arrival and Check In
10:15 a.m. – Onward! Explore the Aquarium at your own pace, eat lunch, etc.
*Itinerary subject to change without notice
SAMPLE ITINERARY B
10:00 – 10:45 a.m. – Arrival and Check In
11:00 – 12:00 p.m. – Workshop
12:30 p.m. – Onward! Explore the Aquarium at your own pace.
*Itinerary subject to change without notice
- Minimum age of child to participate in classroom workshop is 9 years old
- Price per student is $10 plus HST without workshop or $14.50 plus HST with workshop
- 1:4 ratio for complimentary adults. Additional adults are $25.50 plus HST.
- Changes to reservation and additional participants are subject to availability
- Programming subject to change without notice
- Lunch is not provided. Please ensure you pack a litter-less lunch or plan to purchase from Ripley’s Café.
- Payment will be required in advance via credit card over the phone.
- Cancellation Policy: Full refund within 48 hours of visit. Less than 48 hours notice, no refunds. Exceptions apply for illness and inclement weather.
- No additional coupons, passes, or Annual Pass discounts apply.
- No storage for coats, lunches, or other belongings will be available. Please be prepared to carry everything you bring with you.
- For school board, please note “homeschooling family.” Include any children 3 years and under attending with you in the comments field.
- Adult supervision is required for any students attending the classroom workshop. Children 2 and under are permitted in the classroom during the program if a second adult is not available. Children aged 3 to 8 will require adult supervision at all times.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please sign up via the form below for Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada Homeschool Days.
Confirming Your Visit
Please note that reservations are based on a first come, first serve basis. Submitting this form does not guarantee a reservation. We will follow up soon to confirm dates based on availability.
If you haven’t heard from the Aquarium within one (1) week of sending in your request, please contact our Education Department at 647-351-3474 ext. 2648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full payment of the amount shown on your confirmation is due in advance via credit card over the phone. No additional coupons, passes, or Annual Pass discounts apply. Date modifications are subject to availability.
- Ripley’s Aquarium requires that all Guests wear facemasks, in compliance with the City of Toronto by law.
- All Aquarium Team Members are required to wear facemasks while working.
- We are limiting hourly attendance to control Guest flow within the Aquarium, and create a better and safer experience for all. This reduced capacity means you can get close up to the exhibits, but not other guests!
- Prepaid reservations are REQUIRED to manage capacity limits and minimize touchpoints at the entrance.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations can be found throughout the Aquarium, including at the entry, exit, interactive exhibits, washrooms, etc.
- Floor graphics are located throughout the Aquarium to indicate appropriate physical distancing and one-way flow.
- The Aquarium will maintain its high standards of cleanliness and all high-touch surfaces such as windows, railings, washrooms, and interactive exhibits will continuously be cleaned.
- All dive shows, aquarist talks, and tours have been suspended temporarily.
- Some areas, including the playground and coat check, will be unavailable. Our Café is open with limited seating available.
- Contactless payment via debit or credit is preferred for all onsite purchases.
We have taken these enhanced health and safety measures for you, our Guests, and Team Members. We ask that you please follow all posted instructions while visiting Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions and/or compromised immune systems are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Ripley’s Attractions, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
If you or any member of your party or family is not feeling well, do not visit. Plan to come when everyone is well. In the event of illness, please let us know and we will try to reschedule your trip, or provide a refund if we are unable to do so.
Other Cancellations: Full refund within 48 hours of visit; less than 48 hours notice, no refunds. Exceptions apply for illness and inclement weather.
Please note that in the event of bad weather if your trip must be cancelled, we will try to reschedule your trip, subject to available dates.