While many people wish for a white Christmas, here at Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, we encourage you to keep it GREEN!
Between the wrapping, the decorating, the traveling and the eating, the holiday season can take quite a toll on the environment.
Here are 10 tips for keeping Mother Nature in mind this holiday season:
- Look for locally made gifts.
- Serve locally sourced food.
- Use LED Christmas lights.
- Set lights on a timer to go off during the day.
- Choose a live, fresh cut or potted tree.
- Make natural decorations.
- Reuse gift wrap.
- Carpool to family gatherings.
- Use reusable serving ware, dishware and cutlery.
- Recycle your real Christmas tree after the holidays.
Swimming by the Aquarium this holiday season? Be sure to check out our Recycled Tree – decorated with ornaments made from recycled Aquarium tickets, maps and brochures!